Thursday, December 13, 2012

update

I haven't been posting here as much as I'd like. Graduate school is devouring most of my time. As one professor said, the funny thing about studying film and television is that you often don't have time to watch them. How perverse is that? Actually, that's not entirely true. I've seen a lot of movies this year, I just don't have as much time to blog about them as I'd like.

I don't want to abandon this blog, in fact I'd like to return to writing longer, sustained pieces.

In the meantime I've restarted my tumblr as a means to get stuff out there. Tumblr's are fascinating creatures. They thrive on a lack of context, reflection, and sustained thought. But then again, I've found some great articles, books, and movies from a handful that I follow. It seems that's what the Tumblr is good for, a taste maker for people who may already share your tastes.

Anyway, mine can be found here.

Over the winter break I hope to post some longer pieces here on the films of the year. I think Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance deserves more attention than its getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment